Tuesday, August 10

An Old Favorite


Hello everyone! Sorry I've been m.i.a the past week. It's been crazy around here. But, some how I've managed to get a few projects done.

I am SO happy to say I am FINALLY done with this project!! It's been a long process...
Here's the before.
This is a bench to a vanity that belonged to my great-grandmother. I've had it for a long time! Apparently my great-grandmother was a junker too!! :)  I've heard that she enjoyed dumpster diving hehe. I think it's so ironic that I got such a great piece from her. It took me awhile to figure out exactly how i wanted to fix it...so this is what i had at first...
It was going to be grey with black stripes, but that didn't work for me. So then i did this...
I wanted light green stripes that barely show up. In real life it looks that way but they seem to show up more in this pic. I wanted it to be like these Hint of Mint stripes over at Life in the Fun Lane. Her furniture is so crisp & clean...I love it.
And here is my finally product!
The top is covered with a deep green fabric i found at Hobby Lobby in a fabric bin for (gasp!) $4! I didn't put in dept instructions bc stuff like this is all over blogland!
This last picture makes me so giddy! Seriously, i did that! :)

So here's the prices:
Bench-Fa-ree!
Paint(all 6 coats)-Freeee
Fabric-$4 bucks
Grand total...$4!

P.S. I forgot to mention I also have the vanity (which is absolutely beautiful) I can't wait to redo it...but right now i dont have any room left in this bedroom of mine so it will be a project for the future.

-Brittany Amber



UndertheTableandDreaming

15 comments:

Amanda@The Hand Me Down House said...

LOOOOVE that bench, Brittany! Great redo! That fabric is just killer! And for only $4.00?!?! You can't even buy an ugly one for that price around here! You did a wonderful job -- so cute!

... said...

Thank you so much, Amanda! Im so glad you found my blog!

Staci J said...

That's awesome!! A screamin deal and a gorgeous bench! I love the green fabric:)
Visiting from justsewsassy.com
Come by and check out a fun giveaway going on right now!!
http://justsewsassy.com/2010/08/10/tuesday-tutorial-anthro-inspired-headband/

... said...

Thank you so much Staci! Id love to check your blog out. Actually I just started learning how to sew this wk...its not going so great haha. Hopefully your blog will help :)

Terrell said...

Seriously a terrific redo! It looks amazing!! I'm loving your blog and I'm so excited to be your newest follower! I would also like to invite you to my link party/giveaway every Friday at FrouFrouDecor! I love new friends and hope to see you there!
~Terrell @ FFD~

Shanny said...

I love the bench. I wish I could look at something and just know how to make something cute out of it!

Great job!

... said...

Terrell thank you so much I love your blog! & i will definitly be there i am dying to win something on these blogs lol!

Shanny it took me 3 trys to figure out what i was going to do with this thing, so dont give up!

Suzanne said...

Fabulous bench. Love the colors you used and the stripes! I've been looking for a footstool to recover and this gives me inspiration!

Andrea said...

Don't you just love Hobby Lobby? You really can't beat them for fabric! Your bench looks fab!

... said...

No I LOOOVE Hobby Lobby!! haha
Thanks so much ladies, don't forget to follow please!

Kat @ Black Kats Design said...

Love it! The stripes are so cute.

Thanks for linking up to the “Cheap Thrills Thursday” party at Black Kats Design. I hope you had fun and will join in again next Thursday!

Kat

www.BlackKatsDesign.blogspot.com

Maria said...

What a big difference. Nice re-do.

... said...

Thank you Maria. Dont forget to become a follower. :)

Kara @ Craftastical! said...

Love love love the fabric and the light green stripes!

Thanks for linking up at Craftastical!

Tanya said...

The stripes are a really nice touch. Good work! I'm just starting to dip into DIY stuff, too, and finding treasures is so much fun!

visiting from http://sewmanydreams.blogspot.com